Oct 21, 2009

La Chapelle

Last name origin & meaning:
French: topographic name from la chapelle ‘the chapel’.

I went to his exhibition yesterday evening, set up on the ground floor of Connaught House on the Burlington Road. A huge empty space, like a car park but with full length glass panes. Like any other exhibition really, white walls, spot lights, "no photography allowed". Obviously I got some flicks though... would have liked one of The Pieta with Courtney Love but alas... we had to go. There were only 4 of us, which was pretty devastating for our tutor, the fact that nobody bothered.
Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves. She told me I was VERY observant. Which I am, have to say. The Rape Of Africa was pretty decent, too. I love the fact that there are no definite meanings of any photograph, only those in the mind of the owner. But your immagination runs wild, when you're standing in front of these pictures. And you're trying to figure out what these talented people were thinking when they put these scenes together. Clever man.

You would bet your life that these photos weren't taken on a Canon EOS400D. Soz for the shit quality.








In other news, I'm loving college, and I'm getting to know some of the nicest people ever. I'm so happy I decided to go for it. I missed being creative and mingleing with different people. I've been doing some fashion shows, Harvey Nichols and Fashion Extravaganza 2009. I've met some awesome people so far and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year throws at me.
Working a dirty job still, I guess this is why I'm doing my course though, right? I'm gonna try get some sick work experience, maybe at a magazine, or back in A|Wear. Fingers crossed.
I love my baby, I hate "Play TV", want a fucking fur coat, and for my Kit to come.

Love, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment